Pages

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

PYP on the news!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Dry Erase Workbooks

I saw this idea somewhere in blogland awhile ago. I don't remember where. But I love it!

Workbooks for kids can get much more use than they do. Instead of letting your kids do all the pages and then it's done, you put all the pages of the workbook into page protectors. Then put the pages into a binder. The kids can use dry erase markers on the page protectors, then wipe off! You can use your workbook pages again and again! Isn't it a great idea? One more way to use those sheet protectors from Costco (a box of 250 is around $12).

It works for me! It's also fun for the kids. My 4 year old loves it.

My older boys love it too. I also do this with The Friend magazine and puzzle books for them (sudoku, word games, hidden pictures, crossword puzzles, etc) and it makes it more fun.

7 comments:

Alisha said...

What a wonderful idea! I love it!!!

Jessica said...

I used http://www.eslwritingwizard.com to create a name writing practice sheet for my 4 y.o. son and placed it in a sheet protector. He can practice writing his name and I can save paper!

Jessica said...

I used http://www.eslwritingwizard.com to create a name writing practice sheet for my 4 y.o. son and placed it in a sheet protector. He can practice writing his name and I can save paper!

Unknown said...

Great idea, but just a warning: dry-erase markers stain clothing! Wet-erase do not. They don't erase from the plastic as well (you will need a wet towel) but you don't end up with the mess either! You also don't have to worry about smears nearly so much as with dry erase. :)

jeness said...

I think it's a fabulous idea! I have been buying the books and photocopying but this will take less time and money in the long run. Thanks for posting it!

Meredith said...

I teach 4th grade and have always kept spare workbooks from other grades for those working below level or above, but am always afraid of the day I run out! This is wonderful because I can re-use every year!

Banana King said...

Poop! My kids already started writing in their workbooks!

Followers

PYP Forums State Forums Coupons 101 Register Contact PYP on Facebook Real Mom Kitchen blog

Welcome to PYP - The BEST source for original grocery deals and information. We don't just recirculate second-hand deals from around the blogosphere - PYP is where it all starts! We have oodles of insider info, fabulous deals, ROCKIN' forums, and comprehensive shopping lists created by volunteers and staff. Look around and see what we have for you!