Pages

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

PYP on the news!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Recipe: Healthified Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found this recipe in a magazine. Their photo looks much better than mine. I think I cooked mine a little too long. But they were delicious. I think I might cut back a little on the butter next time. It says this recipe has 21% fewer calories, 42% less saturated fat, & 14% less fat than original chocolate chip cookies.


3/4 c. granualted sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. semisweet miniature chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, beat sugars, butter, oil, vanilla, and egg with electric mixer on low speed unilt belnded. Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

On ungreased cookie sheet, drop by rounded tablespoobnfuls about 2 inches apart.

Bake 7-9 minutes or until very light golden grown (centers will be soft). Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

One cookie: 110 calories, 6 g fat (2g saturated, 0g trans), 10mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 13g carbs, 1g protein.

5 comments:

Rachelle's site said...

Yum! Looks good, I'll have to make these soon!

jenpetersen said...

I use pureed(sp?)cooked white beans in place of 1/2 of the butter all the time in my cookies. It sounds gross but it's not and it saves on 1/2 the fat of the butter.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I love finding recipes that use whole wheat instead of white flour! I can't wait to try it.

Keri-Ann said...

Jen, I do the same thing... plus the beans add protein! :)

We made these as written yesterday and wowsa, are they ever sweet! I'll reduce the sugar a LOT next time (by half, I think) but my kids and hubby loved them. Using half oil and half butter gives them a crisper texture once they cool, so if you like soft-batch cookies... eat them before they cool! :D

Eight for Eternity said...

Thanks so much for sharing I have been dying to find some good whole wheat recipes since I have started grinding my own flour. Yay thanks a million!

Followers

PYP Forums State Forums Coupons 101 Register Contact PYP on Facebook Real Mom Kitchen blog

Welcome to PYP - The BEST source for original grocery deals and information. We don't just recirculate second-hand deals from around the blogosphere - PYP is where it all starts! We have oodles of insider info, fabulous deals, ROCKIN' forums, and comprehensive shopping lists created by volunteers and staff. Look around and see what we have for you!