Pages

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

PYP on the news!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Honey, start the car...START THE CAR!!! Smith's Coupon Matchup Event (Utah)

Attention, all Utah couponers - whatever you do, if you can squeeze in some time before Tuesday night this week, DO NOT MISS THE SMITH'S DOUBLE COUPON EVENT!!! I haven't done a shopping trip this awesome since the demise of Albertson's (may it rest in peace...)! This one was seriously just like the Ikea commercial, I kid you not - well, except for the fact that I was alone and didn't have my hubs there to man the get-away vehicle, but you get the idea, right?

From now until Tuesday night, Smith's is having a "double coupon" event - but the double coupon is almost a misnomer. In some ways it's actually BETTER than double coupon, because any manufacturer's coupon under $1 is credited as $1 - so for coupons under .50, it's more than double (because a .25 coupon still gets credited as $1)!

Here's what Smith's so generously allowed me to buy for pennies on the dollar this morning:


(5) Bounty Basics paper towel single roll, 1.09 (.09 after coupon)
(4) Wacky Mac pasta, on sale 1.25 (.25 after coupon)
(1) French's Worcestershire sauce 15oz, on sale 1.59 (.59 after coupon)
(3) Dawn dish soap, 1.59 (.59 after coupon)
(1) GM Cheerios cereal, on sale 2.00 (1.00 after coupon)
(1) Suddenly Salad pasta, on sale 1.00 (FREE after coupon)
(2) Betty Crocker muffin mix, 2.09 (1.09 after coupon)
(5) Betty Crocker potatoes, on sale 1.00 (FREE after coupon)
(4) Satin Care shave gel, 2.36 (1.36 after P&G promo, .36 after coupon)
(2) Dial Complete foaming hand soap, on sale 1.50 (.50 after coupon)
(5) Pretzl Flipz, on sale 1.00 (FREE after coupon)
(5) Yoplait Greek yogurt cups, on sale 1.00 (FREE after coupon)
(5) SunnyD, on sale 1.29 (.29 after coupon)
(12) Yoplait Light yogurt cups, on sale .44 (.27 after coupon)
(10) Totino's party pizza, on sale .88 (.68 after coupon, .38 after Catalina)
(4) Kroger Deluxe ice cream, on sale .99
(2) Banquet BrownN'Serve sausage, 1.99 (.99 after coupon)
(1) Farmland sausage patties, 2.99 (1.99 after coupon - was SUPPOSED to be on sale for 1.75, didn't catch it at the register)
(2) Cheetos Mighty Zingers, on sale 1.67 (.67 after coupon)

I used:
(2) .40/6 coupons for reg yogurt [see SS-4/25]
(5) .25/1 coupons for the potatoes [see SS-3/28]
(5) .50/1 coupons for the Flipz [see SS-3/28]
(2) .50/1 coupons for the muffin mix [see SS-3/28]
(5) .25/1 coupons for the paper towels [see P&G-5/2 - item NOT part of P&G promo]
(2) 1.00/1 coupons for the Cheetos [see SS-5/9]
(3) .25/1 coupons for the Dawn [see P&G-5/2 - item NOT part of P&G promo]
(2) .35/1 coupons for the Dial [see RP-3/7]
(1) .50/1 coupon for the Worcestershire sauce [see SS-5/9]
(1) .40/1 printable coupon for the Suddenly Salad [see GroupA - also ended up getting a .35 e-coupon from Shortcuts that I didn't know I had on my card, so this one ended up better than free]
(5) .25/1 coupons for the SunnyD [see SS-5/9]
(4) .50/1 coupons for the WackyMac [see SS-5/16]
(2) 1.00/5 coupons for the Totino's [see SS-3/28 or SS-4/18]
(4) .55/1 coupons for the shave gel [see P&G-5/2 - item IS part of P&G promo]
(1) .55/1 printable coupon for the Cheerios [see GroupA or GroupB]
(2) .35/1 coupons for the Banquet sausage [from inside previous boxes]
(1) .50/1 coupon for the Farmland sausage [peelie on package]

I then got $4 off for the 4 shave gels (P&G promo), and I got (1) $3 Catalina for the Totino's pizzas. I also got (2) $1 Catalina coupons as well, but I'm not entirely sure what they were from (I think they were from the GM/Betty Crocker stuff).

Total: $31.81 + $5 in Catalina coupons good off next purchase

My receipt was seriously over 3 feet long, and it says I saved $89.28 - $52.35 of that was from the coupons and the coupon promo! I also ended up with 86 rewards points and 52 bonus points, for a total of 138. Had I really been with it, I would have used my double points coupon that came with my last rewards certificate, but I left it (and the $10 rewards certificate) at home - AGAIN...GRR! ;)

For the full list of amazing deals and coupon matchups, see this post at PYP! Remember, the coupon matchup only runs through Tuesday, May 18th.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any and all coupons? Every Smith's?

Blog said...

Where did you get the Flipz Pretzel coupons?

Candi said...

I believe it is any manufacturer's coupon. YMMV with printables, though, or ones that specifically state "Do Not Double". Some are accepting them, some are not - might depend on the location.

The Pretzel Flipz coupons are in the SS-3/28, but it appears it might have been just in the SLC area inserts? (It's the EyeMaster SmartSource insert...)

Candi said...

Not sure on whether all Utah locations are participating or not...you might want to double-check with your local store.

Kellie Spiker said...

I love to hear about the deals you get. But the idea of figuring out all the coupons and deals seems overwhelming to me. I'm just such a rookie! And I'm such a hands on person. I need someone to take me and show me. ha

Followers

PYP Forums State Forums Coupons 101 Register Contact PYP on Facebook Real Mom Kitchen blog

Welcome to PYP - The BEST source for original grocery deals and information. We don't just recirculate second-hand deals from around the blogosphere - PYP is where it all starts! We have oodles of insider info, fabulous deals, ROCKIN' forums, and comprehensive shopping lists created by volunteers and staff. Look around and see what we have for you!