Pages

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

PYP on the news!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dollar Store Deals

MSN Money has an interesting article picking out the Deals & Duds of the Dollar (and 99 cent) stores. It proves to be an interesting read on a couple of levels.

1. Point of reference. Always nice to have a 2nd opinion of what you think might be a good deal.
2. Dollar Store Test. My husband and I have concluded that IF an item can be replaced by a Dollar store purchase, there is no need to store it for next season, nor hoarde it. This test has saved us some serious space, honestly.

Deals
*Cleaners
*Spices
*Gift Wrap
*Shampoo/Conditioner
*Kitchen Gadgets

Duds

*Medication/Vitamins
*Toothpaste
*Batteries
*Electrical Products
*Jewelry & Vinyl Lunchboxes (Recalled items)


I have to concur with the article that I like to buy gift wrap, spices and cleaners at the Dollar Store when I am low and do NOT have a coupon. Although, I usually avoid the Dollar Store, in general, as I will end up spending money I hadn't intended on impulse items.

What is your experiences & thoughts?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I also make that a cash only store. I make my list of what items I need and bring only that amount of money.

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I read that they have yet to find a good quality can opener at a dollar store--because it's so true!

Followers

PYP Forums State Forums Coupons 101 Register Contact PYP on Facebook Real Mom Kitchen blog

Welcome to PYP - The BEST source for original grocery deals and information. We don't just recirculate second-hand deals from around the blogosphere - PYP is where it all starts! We have oodles of insider info, fabulous deals, ROCKIN' forums, and comprehensive shopping lists created by volunteers and staff. Look around and see what we have for you!